Students at our school are expected to adhere to the following qualities, behaviors, and attentiveness:
– Please give respect to teachers, environment, & your fellow students in classes & teachings
– Please be on time and do not walk out of classes before they end
– Please practice, study, and participate in all classes to your fullest ability
– Try to live by the yogic principles as taught during the time at our school, for the duration of the program
– Please note your personal belongings are your own responsibility
– Please keep school/community space orderly and clean
– Please keep your own living places clean and organized.
If you have questions, please do not be shy to ask before the questions or concerns get too big. Treat the program such as it is, as a Sadhana (a spiritual undertaking/practice), and remember it is a commitment and fulfillment, not a holiday.
Keep in mind you will be following a proper yogic diet. Try to eliminate or at least reasonably limit your intake of caffeine/coffee, onions, garlic, meat, eggs, dairy, salt, and sugars. Be understanding of the circumstances around the diet the school provides. It is a sattvic diet. Meals may take a while to prepare. Respect others and keep in mind you are in a community.